We will try to keep a portion of the gym available for open gym. However, on occasion, all areas may be needed for programs, leagues or special events. Please keep in mind these rules are meant to ensure a comfortable and safe atmosphere for everyone. Please be courteous and respectful of others and the facility.
- Shirts must be worn.
- Proper footwear is expected, no bare feet.
- Non-marking court shoes must be worn on the gym floors.
- Towels are suggested to wipe off excessive sweat (excess sweat can accumulate on the floor and cause slipping. Towels will not be provided by the YMCA.
- NO food or open beverages containers allowed.
- Water containers must have a secure lid and cannot be taken onto the gym floor.
- No glass or metal containers.
- Clean up and report spills to staff.
- No foul language.
- No spitting.
- Gambling, fighting, threatening, or indecent conduct will not be permitted.
- Children 12 and under must be supervised at all times.
- The YMCA staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend you leave your valuables at home or lock them up.
- Be aware that others will be using the facility.
- Only radios with head sets are permitted.
- YMCA reserves the right to resolve all conflicts during play on the gym floor.
- Any disputes over times, players, games and procedures are to be brought to the YMCA staff.
- When a session has ended, PLEASE leave the floor promptly so the next scheduled activity can begin.
- All equipment is to be used in the proper way.
- No kicking or sitting on basketballs or volleyballs
- If using YMCA equipment, it is to be returned to the proper place following use.
- Dunking or hanging on the basketball rims is prohibited.
- No hanging on volleyball nets.
- An inappropriate use or abuse of the GYM or equipment may result in termination of privileges.
- Good sportsmanship is expected for all activities. The YMCA reserves the right to eject anyone not following the rules of the Gym.