My Safe Place is at the Y
HOBART FAMILY YMCA IS COMMITTED TO YOUR SAFETY
Our commitment to excellence begins with a focus on safety and ‘kids and members first philosophy.'
WELCOME BACK TO THE Y!
Our carefully managed reopening with care plan comes with stringent new health, safety, and hygiene procedures in place. So, as we enjoy our YMCA everyone will need to follow CDC guidelines and recommendations of health officials, and Hobart Family YMCA policies.
By checking in to Hobart Family YMCA, I acknowledge that any area of the building where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
Note from our CEO: December 3rd, 2020
Members and Participants,
As we continue to navigate through these tough times, the Hobart Family YMCA strives to be your SAFE PLACE. We understand that exercise and participation in programs keeps people active, connected, and relieving stress during these challenging times. We will continue to align with state and local guidelines to keep you safe at the Y. Thank you for your confidence in us.
CEO at Hobart Family YMCA
UPDATES Beginning December 3rd, 2020
Per Lake County Public Health Order 20-02, pursuant to Indiana Code IC 16-20-1 and IC 16-41-9
As the Lake County Health Department has issued a more stringent order, here are our protocols that remain in place:
- Temperature checks upon entry to the building.
- Staff health screening at entry.
- Enforcement of masks wearing when in the facility but not during high exertion exercise or while in the pool.
- We will continue to limit class size where safety practices cannot be sustained.
- We will continue to practice physical distancing of at least six feet.
- Reserving your spot for group exercise via the DAXKO app.
- Rigorous cleaning & handwashing protocol.
As of December 3rd, these are the changes that will occur:
- We will limit building capacity to 25%. Check out the current attendance here.
- All special events through the end of the year will be postponed.
- Group Exercise will be limited to 25% capacity & maintain 10-foot physical distancing.
- Step 1: View our schedule online at hobartymca.org or via the Daxko mobile app
- Step 2: Filter based on your preferences
- Step 3: Look for the reservation icon or ‘Sign Up’ by your desired class
- Step 4: Select the icon or ‘Sign Up’ link to reserve your spot
- Step 5: Log in or create an account to reserve your spot
- Sports league events will be limited to participants, staff, parents, or guardians.
- Open Gym slots will be available for reservation. Reserve your spot on the Daxko app or our website.
- Open/Lap Swim will be available for first-come, first-serve at the Y through pool passes.
- Guest passes will be discontinued for this time period.
Ratios & Safety practices in all areas will continue to be re-evaluated to ensure we serve members and participants safely.
Thank you for your support!