Camp 2021: Fun with a focus on safety
NEW SUMMER MEMORIES
At Y camp, we create an exciting, hands-on environment for kids to have an unforgettable summer of fun. And while they’re taking part in unique experiences and adventures, they’re also building self-esteem, developing interpersonal skills, and making lasting friendships and memories.
We offer five different summer camps to meet the needs of the children in our community:
- Preschool Camp (for children age 3-5)
- Traditional Day Camp (K-6th grade)*
Hobart Family YMCA is an all-inclusive camp. We feel that every child should be given the opportunity to participate in a fun-filled camp day. Campers are fully immersed in the camp program. Hobart Family YMCA reserves the right to deem if a camper frequently displays behaviors that require one-on-one attention from staff, a family-provided caregiver may be required to remain in the program. A camp director will contact the family to discuss a proper plan to ensure a positive and memorable experience.
*Grades based on 2020/2021 school grade.
Weekly Camp Themes
2021 Summer Camp COVID Protocol
The Hobart Family YMCA has adopted a “Take 10” philosophy to focus on cleaning and sanitizing all high traffic areas. At the top of every hour, designated counselors will be walking through areas to clean and disinfect. We are using industrial-strength, CDC-approved cleaning supplies to ensure disinfection. Toys, Arts and Crafts supplies, and games will be circulated through a cleaning process between groups.
- “Take 10” to clean
- Health screenings for everyone entering the building, program participants, and staff. This includes taking temps before check-in and monitoring for respiratory distress.
- Reducing camp groups, ratios, and capacity to adhere to physical distancing.
- Curbside pick up and drop off of campers
- Frequent and intentional hand washing
- We are posting reminders for proper washing in every bathroom and singing along!
- Hand sanitizer will be available with camp counselors and in every program area.
- Face masks and cloth face covers are currently required to be worn by staff and program participants.