Before Care Site Aid Job Specifications
This job is Monday – Friday, 5:45am – 10am.
Before Hire- a background check, drug screen, TB test, and fingerprinting is required.
The “Site-Aid” is responsible for the daily supervision of up to 12 after-school program participants in grades K-5. S/he is responsible for assisting the Site Leader in the planning, development, and implementation of all 9 program components and program activities in the after-school program. The Site-Aid guides the academic and social development of children; ensuring a safe, enriching, and healthy learning environment. Group Leaders use a variety of resources, provided by the After-School Site Coordinator to introduce new skills throughout the execution of activities. To accomplish this, Site-aids are required to participate in ongoing professional development and planning sessions with the After-School Site Director on a scheduled basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Site-Aid must have the competencies, skills, and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out the YMCA mission, goals, and visions for serving the community. The Site-Aid will be responsible for the following:
· Ensures the safety and engagement of children in the assigned group.
· Demonstrates competency with the DESSA assessment tool and is fully training.
· Plans and use the S.A.F.E. framework to facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects that compliments the program’s thematic or project-based agenda according to the program 9 components and site implementation plan.
· Provide assistance with homework and encourage academic progress.
· Follows program lesson plans and implementation plan in a developmentally appropriate manner, meeting the individual physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the participants.
· Provides careful, attentive supervision, alert at all times.
· Serves as a positive role model, demonstrates professional behavior, and understand positive youth development approaches to the academic and social development of youth.
· Facilitates a program environment that invites exploration, promotes positive play, and welcomes children.
· Promotes a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Maintains on-going communication with the supervisor.
· Maintain accurate classroom records as assigned and according to program requirements.
· Communicates regularly with parents; attends parent/family events as designated by the supervisor.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of YMCA mission, purpose and goals, childcare policies, and YMCA standards; ensures the program meets the highest standards of excellence.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors preferred.
· Previous Experience working with children preferred.
· Exceptional group management, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
· Experience in creating interactive and educational/artistic activities, youth development, academic enrichment and arts.
· Must possess oral, auditory, and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
· Must be capable of implementing the daily administrative, program-related, and supervisory responsibilities of an after-school site.
· Flexibility, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
· Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
· Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
· Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
· Employs influence strategies (verbal, personal, and written) that engage, inspire, and build commitment to the cause and overall Y goals.
· Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience. Understands and expertly utilizes current methods of communication (PowerPoint, Prezi, Video, Audio, Animoto etc…)
· Developing Others. Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
· Decision Making. Integrates logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify the greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
· Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
· Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
· Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides evidenced-based quality experiences.
· Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s mission and work.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $8.00 /hour