VOLUNTEERISM & GIVING
The generosity of others is how we succeed in making a difference. Through the support of our volunteers, public and private donors we contribute to serving our community in a number of ways, such as year-round food programs, education, and senior citizen programs. The donation of time, talent, and treasure provides and contributes support to a variety of our local community organizations as well. How can you help? Donate, sponsor and volunteer side by side with us and advocate for our community and cause.
At the Hobart Family YMCA (the Y), a volunteer's time and talent can go a long way to support our programs and services.
The Y offers volunteer opportunities for both individuals and groups. Y volunteers come together from all walks of life with a commitment to helping others and sharing their skills and expertise. Each year, hundreds of youth and adults throughout the City of Hobart volunteer to help the Y provide critical services to families and communities.
Volunteer Board of Directors
The Y uniquely reflects the community it serves while working to build strong kids, strong families, and strong communities. The Hobart Family YMCA is led by a vibrant, committed volunteer Board of Directors that give their time to oversee the overall mission of the Y and make decisions that guide our direction. These community leaders bring new perspectives and connections to the work and mission of the Hobart Family YMCA.
Other individual volunteer opportunities include:
- Youth Sports: Coach a youth sports team, referee a youth sports game or keep score
- Join a local board or committee
- Assist with community events, such as Healthy Kids Day, Bowl-A-Thon or Brickyard Run
- Participate in community fundraising campaigns
- Serve as a member experience greeter
- Assist with the maintenance, housekeeping and landscaping of our building and facilities
- Provide administrative or clerical support
- Share a special skill, such as music, art, performing arts or a foreign language
*The majority of these volunteer opportunities require a minimum commitment through the duration of the program and/or service, depending on the program session.
Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunities
Does your organization want to volunteer for a group service day? The Y offers a variety of engaging and rewarding volunteer opportunities for groups.
Groups can take part in
- Special Events, such as Healthy Kids Day, Bowl-A-Thon or Brickyard Run
- Landscaping (late Spring or early Fall)
- Collection Drives (children's books, board games, sports equipment, holiday gifts, etc.)
- Outdoor/Indoor Clean-up
- Youth Activities (late afternoon hours weekdays during the school year; weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. during summer school break time)