We will be hosting our next Safe Sitter® class on Saturday, August 24th, 2019 here at the Hobart Family YMCA!
Course content includes:
- Safety Skills: Indoor safety, outdoor safety, online safety, and personal safety.
- Child Care Skills: Child development, child care routines (including diapering practice), and behavior management.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Injury prevention, injury management, and choking rescue. CPR is an optional component.
- Life & Business Skills: Screening jobs, setting fees, and greeting employers.
The Hobart Family YMCA presents Safe Sitter® a medically accurate program that teaches boys and girls ages 11 and up how to handle emergencies when caring for children. This class teaches safe and nurturing childcare techniques, behavior management skills, and appropriate responses to medical emergencies.
When you accept a babysitting job, you accept the responsibility for a child’s life. Taking a Safe Sitter® class will help prepare you to be a more responsible babysitter and you will have FUN! Register TODAY and learn to rescue a choking child, change a diaper, practice mock 911 calls and learn how to screen babysitting jobs to decide when to accept and when to refuse! SAFETY FIRST!
The next Safe Sitter® class will be held on SATURDAY, August 24th, 2019 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
This class includes:
• Safe Sitter® Manual
• Completion Card
• Important Numbers Sticky Note Pad
PLEASE BRING YOUR LUNCH AND MONEY FOR A SOFT DRINK. A light snack will be provided.
This course is designed for young teens ages 11 & up.
$35 for Members
$45 for Non-Members