HOBART FAMILY YMCA
• Full-Size Gymnasium
• 60 Ft by 20 ft. Swimming Pool heated to 84 degrees
• 4800 sq. ft. Fitness Center with full lien of CYBEX
strength equipment, free weights and cardiovascular
equipment including – Treadmills, recumbent bikes,
climbers, steppers, elliptical machines.
• Beautiful Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms
• Family and Special Needs Locker Rooms
• Child Watch Room (during designated times)
• Café/Vending Area.
The gym at the Hobart YMCA is open during regular business hours and Open Gym Time will be determined based upon the demands of league schedules, class schedules, child care etc.
Open gym times for all age groups will be available on a daily basis, please check schedules posted outside the gym and on schedules page of our website.
Family open gym times require parent(s) to be in the gym with their child/ren. It is the intent of the Hobart YMCA to run organized leagues for children and adults based upon interest and minimum numbers of participants.
GYMNASIUM RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
• Proper footwear is expected; No bare feet.
• No food or drinks allowed in gym.
• No bags, coats, hats in gym.
• Personal belongings must be placed in locker.
• No foul language or obscene attire.
• Only music with head sets are permitted.
• No spitting.
• Dunking or hanging on the basketball rims is prohibited.
• No hanging on volleyball nets.
• Good sportsmanship is expected for all activities.
• The YMCA reserves the right to eject anyone not following the rules of the gym.
Our pool is 60 Ft by 20 ft. and heated to 84 degrees. It is open at to Hobart Family YMCA members during all hours that the building is open. Open Swim Time will be determined based upon the demands of class schedules, child care, swim lessons, etc.
Open swim times for all age groups will be available on a daily basis, please check schedules posted outside the pool and on schedules page of our website.
• ADULT SWIM - Men & Women 18 years and older.
• LAP SWIM - If you are unable to swim complete lengths of the pool, it is recommended that you practice during open swim times until your skills and stamina improve.
• MEN'S SWIM - Men only 18 years and older.
• WOMEN'S SWIM - Women only 18 years and older.
• OPEN SWIM - Open swims are for all ages, children under the age of six must have a parent in the swimming pool with them at all times. Children 6-12 must demonstrate at least Guppy level swimming ability in order to swim in deep end. Lifeguard on duty will test all children's swimming ability before being allowed to swim in the pool.
• OPEN/LAP SWIM - All rules for open swim apply. The pool will be divided into open/lap swim lanes depending upon the number of patrons requesting lap swimming at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
• FAMILY SWIM - A parent must accompany children at any age.
POOL HEALTH REGULATIONS
All persons using the swimming pool must take a hot soapy shower before entering the swimming pool. This is a State Board of Health regulation and will be enforced by our lifeguards. Failure to comply with this rule will mean immediate removal from swimming pool area. Do not plan to swim if you have open sores, stitches, infections, scabs or Band-Aids. Proper swim attire is required. No basketball shorts.
The Fitness Center is open to Hobart YMCA members during all hours that the building is open. The Fitness Center is staffed with YMCA Fitness Professionals trained to work with you to assess your health condition, determine your fitness goals and design objectives to meet these goals. The staff is fully trained on the use of all fitness machines. Members will be required go through a training on all of the equipment before use.
The Hobart YMCA adheres to the YMCA of the USA Medical Advisory Committee recommendations in all cases to determine who may use the equipment and will not make exceptions based upon requests of members.
Members of the Hobart YMCA age 16 years and over may use the Fitness Center at any time. Our members, ages 10 - 12 may only use the Fitness Center after going through a formal orientation training provided by YMCA fitness staff and must be supervised at all times by a parent. Members ages 13 - 16 may use the Fitness Center after going through a formal orientation training by YMCA Fitness Staff. All members must use Fitness Center equipment in a proper fashion and behavior must be consistent with YMCA Core Values and Fitness Center rules. All members using the Fitness Center must complete a Par Q form.
Members may also use the Walking Track in the Fitness Center at any time. Twenty-six (26) laps around the track equals one (1) mile. This is only a Walking Track, ABSOLUTELY NO RUNNING ALLOWED!
Members may use the Cardio-Theater in the Fitness Center while working out by purchasing a FM stereo (preferably digital) with headphones tuned into the frequency indicated by the transmitter on top of each television set. Please ask staff on duty to change TV stations.
IMPORTANT YOUTH FITNESS CENTER INFORMATION
• Children who are under the age of 10 years old are not allowed in the fitness center.
• Parent or guardian must accompany 10-13 Year olds.
• You must be 16 years or older to use the free weight area and medicine balls.
• All members are to wear proper fitness attire as described in our member handbook.
FREE WEIGHTS AREA - AGE RULES
The Free Weight Area located in the Fitness Center is also open during regular business hours.
The Free Weight Area of the Fitness Center is restricted to Y members age 16 and over regardless of supervision or spotters. NO EXCEPTIONS.
MEN’S AND WOMEN’S LOCKER ROOMS
Our Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms have lockers, benches, showers and separate bathroom available for use. Direct access to pool from our locker rooms available as well.
MEN’S AND WOMEN’S LOCKER ROOM RULES
• No electronic devices are allowed in the locker rooms at the Y.
• Locks may be used on lockers while utilizing the facility.
• Locks may not be left on lockers overnight.
• Locks remaining on lockers at the end of the week will be cut off and contents will be discarded by management.
• The Hobart Family YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
FAMILY AND SPECIAL NEEDS LOCKER ROOM
FAMILY AND SPECIAL NEEDS LOCKER ROOM
Our Family and Special Needs locker room have lockers and benches available to use. There are several individual rooms that have a sitting area, enclosed shower, toilet, and sink. This locker room also has access to our pool. If you require any other accommodations while visiting our facility please let staff know.
FAMILY AND SPECIAL NEEDS LOCKER ROOM RULES
• To be used by parents with opposite sex children
• Persons with physical disabilities
• Senior couples who need spousal assistance
• Remove your lock from locker after use
• No electronic devices are allowed in the locker rooms at the Y
• Locks may be used on lockers while utilizing the facility
• Locks may not be left on lockers overnight
• Locks remaining on lockers at the end of the week will be cut off and contents will be discarded by management
• The Hobart Family YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items
CHILD WATCH ROOM
We have a Child Watch Room that is available for use of our members with Household Memberships to use while parent/guardian is in our facility during designated child watch hours. Our Child Watch room is accommodated with a wide variety of toys, a play yard, infant/toddler child play station, coloring area and open view windows overlooking the Gym and Fitness Center for parent’s peace of mind. Available for ages 6 months to 12 years old.
CHILD WATCH DESIGNATED HOURS
Monday – Saturday 9:00 am. – 12:00 pm. (6 Months – 12 Years Old)
Monday – Thursday 5:00 pm. - 8:00 pm. (2 Years Old-12 Years Old)
CAFÉ AND VENDING AREA
Our facility offers a spacious café and vending area with tables and chairs to catch a rest before, between or after fitness and aquatic classes. This area can also be used to meet new friends!
HOBART FAMILY YMCA
601 W. 40th Place
Hobart, IN 46342
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 5:00am - 9:00pm
Friday: 5:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 1:00pm
Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
(Ages 6 Months - 12 Years Old)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-8:00pm
(Ages 2 Years Old - 12 Years Old)
Copyright © Professional Information Systems, Inc.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The Y is committed to providing programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We make every effort to ensure that no one is turned away due to inability to pay. Click here for our financial assistance application
<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="564e38f9fa192cdb3e31f3db5237bbdc"/>