HOBART FAMILY YMCA
The Y is for all and that includes you! It is important to be calm and confident in the water as swimming is a life skill and a great exercise. Adult swim lessons (it’s NEVER too late) are available for ages 13 & older. For most current Swim Lesson Schedule please see our Downloads page.
Price: $10 - Members
$30 - Non-Members
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Want personal attention with one on one swim lessons? Sounds great! Our private swim lessons are by appointment only. Lessons are bundled in 5 and/or 10 individual sessions. For more details and to schedule appointments please contact the Aquatics Department at 219-942-2183 Ext. 17.
Price: $100 - Members
$200 - Non-Members
IMPORTANT SWIM INFORMATION
• Please contact the Front Desk or the Aquatic Dept. for class days and times. All classes fill up quickly and have an enrollment limit.
• Parents are permitted on deck and observe lessons on the first and last day of each session. During the remainder of the session, parents are asked to wait in the lobby so that the children may give their full attention to the instructor.
POOL HEALTH REGULATIONS
All persons using the swimming pool must take a hot soapy shower before entering the swimming pool. This is a State Board of Health regulation and will be enforced by our lifeguards. Failure to comply with this rule will mean immediate removal from swimming pool area. Do not plan to swim if you have open sores, stitches, infections, scabs or Band-Aids. Proper swim attire is required. No basketball shorts.
• ADULT SWIM - Men & Women 18 years and older.
• LAP SWIM - If you are unable to swim complete lengths of the pool, it is recommended that you practice during open swim times until your skills and stamina improve.
• MEN'S SWIM - Men only 18 years and older.
• WOMEN'S SWIM - Women only 18 years and older.
• OPEN SWIM - Open swims are for all ages, children under the age of six must have a parent in the swimming pool with them at all times. Children 6-12 must demonstrate at least Guppy level swimming ability in order to swim in deep end. Lifeguard on duty will test all children's swimming ability before being allowed to swim in the pool.
• OPEN/LAP SWIM - All rules for open swim apply. The pool will be divided into open/lap swim lanes depending upon the number of patrons requesting lap swimming at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
• FAMILY SWIM - A parent must accompany children at any age.
HOBART FAMILY YMCA
601 W. 40th Place
Hobart, IN 46342
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 5:00am - 9:00pm
Friday: 5:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 12:00am - 4:00am
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
(Ages 6 Months - 12 Years Old)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-8:00pm
(Ages 2 Years Old - 12 Years Old)
Copyright © Professional Information Systems, Inc.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The Y is committed to providing programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We make every effort to ensure that no one is turned away due to inability to pay. Click here for our financial assistance application