CHANGING LIVES CAMPAIGN
The Mission of the Hobart Family YMCA is "To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all." The YMCA's ability to deliver its' mission to "ALL" is not based upon an individual’s ability to pay.
Scholarship memberships and programs are made available to all who qualify through our financial assistance program. Dollars raised in our "Changing Lives Campaign", our annual appeal campaign, are combined with the dollars raised in our special event fund raisers. These dollars help individuals attain their health and fitness goals, help families to expand young minds in our Developmental Preschool and provide safe, wholesome and educational before and after school programs. These dollars teach kids and adults how to swim and be safe in the water. These dollars enable people to achieve their potential as human beings and become independent, confident and strong. These dollars help kids get connected, develop healthy habits and learn sportsmanship through our Youth Sports Program.
2015 Y COMMUNITY IMPACT
• 10,000+ Individuals at Hobart Family YMCA served annually
• Providing Financial Assistance in the form of scholarships and program subsidies to families and individuals
• The Hobart Y provided Health Fairs & Screenings FREE to our community
• Our Y provided targeted programs for children with disabilities, military families, and low income youth including All Abilities Summer Day Camp, Summer Feeding Program and the Military Outreach Initiative.
• The Hobart Y provided donated space and services to local groups including the Hobart Kiwanis, Hobart Chamber of Commerce, Hobart Community Fund, the Legacy Foundation, City of Hobart, the School City of Hobart, The River Forest Community Schools, Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, Center for Possibilities, Hobart Educational Foundation, Rebuilding Together and the Lake Area United Way to bring our community together and make our community stronger, healthier and greener.
• The Hobart Y utilized the services of 300 volunteers to help run programs, maintain the facility and to provide leadership to the Y through its' Board of Directors
• The Hobart Y Staff donated 800+ hours of time and expertise to Community organizations such as the Kiwanis Club, the Hobart Chamber, the Maria Reiner Senior Citizens Programs (including the Hobart Senior Transportation Program, the Senior Info Line & the Senior Health Fair), the Hobart Community Fund, the Hobart Food Pantry, the Hobart Jaycees, the School City of Hobart and River Forest Community Schools
HOW CAN YOU HELP??
Donate- To the Changing Lives Campaign.
Sponsor- Become a sponsor of the Brickyard Run or other special event.
Volunteer- Become a program, policy, or technology volunteer.
Give- Your time, talent or treasure!
HOBART FAMILY YMCA
601 W. 40th Place
Hobart, IN 46342
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 5:00am - 9:00pm
Friday: 5:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 1:00pm
Sunday: 7:00am -11:00am
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
(Ages 6 Months - 12 Years Old)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-8:00pm
(Ages 2 Years Old - 12 Years Old)
Copyright © Professional Information Systems, Inc.
The YMCA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The Y is committed to providing programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We make every effort to ensure that no one is turned away due to inability to pay. Click here for our financial assistance application